Latest service update
We are open for business and our services are continuing to run but with some changes to ensure the health and safety of all our cleaners and clients during the outbreak.
The guidance issued by the government has been updated on 22/09/20 to include recent announcements on restrictions across the UK – however it does still further clarify that domestic cleaners can continue to carry out work in people’s homes, provided that the worker has no coronavirus symptoms as well as continuing to follow all guidance on excellent hygiene and maintaining a two metre distance from household occupants as far as possible.
The government also published specific guidance on 11/05/20 (updated 10/09/20) for tradespeople (including cleaners) for carrying out work inside people’s homes here.
– which specifically states: “Work carried out in people’s homes can continue, provided that the tradesperson is well and is not showing coronavirus symptoms and neither they nor any of their household are self-isolating.”, as a result our domestic cleaners are still permitted to carry out cleaning services inside clients’ homes safely.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness. However, if you have any of the symptoms above you must stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19.
Further government guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection can be found here.
What are we doing?
We want to inform you of the actions we are taking as a business to protect our cleaners and our clients as far as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. You will, of course, know the government have ordered people to stay at home wherever possible but with a few exceptions. On the other hand, we don’t need to point out that a clean house is even more essential during these times.
- We are in constant contact with all our cleaners and are asking them and yourselves to take all the precautions you can.
- If you or anyone in your household have any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner know as soon as possible.
- We have also informed our cleaners to do the same if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms.
- We have always ensured that the same cleaner attends the same clients each clean and that our cleaners only use the clients’ cleaning materials, to prevent cross-contamination.
- EAST DULWICH CLEANING and our cleaners would like to thank you for your continued support at this difficult time, it is much appreciated.
Keep your home sanitised during the coronavirus outbreak
Especially during these unprecedented times we’re advising all clients to protect their home with disinfecting products to ensure they are properly protected from viruses and bacteria.
When working in people’s homes is not permitted
- No work should be carried out by a cleaner who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
In these circumstances, cleaning sessions must be skipped either by pausing the booking or cancelling sessions.
- Patricia House Cleaning Team , will send you a text Message in advance notification of sessions to customers
- Cleaners should wash their hands when entering a home using soap and water for 20 seconds. Hands should be washed regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving the property
- Where facilities to wash hands are not available, cleaners should use hand sanitiser that they should carry with them
- Cleaners should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times. We recommend that customers stay in a different room during cleaning
- Cleaners should ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window
- Cleaners should pay special attention to ‘high-touch’ areas, such as door, cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables and countertops
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products, then disinfected using a product such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray
- Warm water should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors, to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Cleaners and customers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use
We encourage the use of face coverings in enclosed spaces where social distancing isn’t possible. There is growing evidence that wearing a face covering in an enclosed space helps protect individuals and those around them from COVID-19.